Guide for proposing innovations
More than a hundred innovative tools and practices will be in demonstration at the innovations salon at GHF 2022
The Salon will operate in both virtual and in-person modes.
Who can propose an innovation?
- The innovations salon is open to all start-ups, NGO projects, and university projects developing an innovation.
- The innovations salon is not open to well established companies. These entities can reserve a stand at the GHF.
What sorts of innovations are invited?
- Priority will be given to innovations that can be used directly by health actors although concepts or prototypes may also be invited.
- Innovations relevant to the theme of GHF 2022 will be given priority.
- Innovations unrelated to the theme of GHF can however be proposed.
- All proposals of innovations submitted will be examined by the Selection Committee of GHF 2022.
Venue and dates
- The innovations salon of the GHF will be open from 9am to 6pm from the 3rd to the 5th of May 2022. All participants at the GHF will have access to the salon.
- The innovations salon will be opened to the general public on the 4th of May from 4pm.
- Start-ups participating in the Innovations salon need to pay registration fees for their representatives attending the GHF. There are no additional costs.
- Participants have access to
- A presentation counter (115x70x40cm) and two tall chairs
- electricity on request
- Participants can bring a roll up
- A television screen can be provided (cost borne by participant)
The virtual Innovation Fair
- The innovations will also be presented on-line in the virtual salon.
- The virtual innovations salon will also be open to start-ups unable to come to Geneva.
The “Jet d’Or of Geneva” prize
- A jury will select the seven best innovations. The attendees at the GHF will then vote to designate which of the seven innovations selected makes to most significant contribution to improvement of human health. The winner will receive the “Jet d’Or of Geneva” prize
- Limited funding is available for participants whose proposals are selected by the Selections Committee from low and middle-income countries to allow them to participate in the GHF. Support can cover visa costs, travel and lodging for the 3 days of the GHF.
- The list of eligible countries corresponds to the first three columns in the following table :
|Call for proposals issued||15 October 2021|
|Deadline for proposals||10 December 2021|
|Decision communicated||As of 15 January 2022|
|Dates of GHF2022||3-5 May 2022|