Guide for proposing presentations
Oral presentations or scientific posters
Oral presentations and scientific posters
- Presentations can be in the form of oral presentations or scientific posters that will be shown electronically during the GHF.
- Proposals for presentations are prepared in the form of a summary.
Who can submit a proposal?
- The call for contributions is open to all global health actors: health care professionals involved in the economics of health care, ethics, the social sciences, new digital technologies, data science etc ….
- Posters can be submitted by seasoned researchers as well as persons conducting their research in the context of their studies (PhD, Masters).
Structure of the summary
- The summary needs to be written in French or in English.
- The title of the summary cannot exceed 250 characters.
- The text of the summary cannot exceed 2500 characters, spaces and acknowledgements included.
Summary will have 4 parts
- Introduction – objectives: describe the context for your work and indicate clearly the objective(s) of your presentation.
- Methodology: describe precisely the methods used, the observations or subjects from experience that you have selected.
- Results and discussions: present the results and discussions of the study or project. Emphasise important and innovative aspects of the work.
- Conclusions: Note the principal conclusions you draw from the work.
- Tables, photos and graphs are not allowed in the summary.
Validation and registration
- All summaries submitted will be examined by the Selection Committee of GHF 2022. Each summary will be studied by three examiners.
- The definitive acceptance of a presentation (oral intervention or scientific poster) is contingent upon the payment of the GHF registration fee by the author.
- Posters will be published on the GHF internet site during and after the conference.
- Posters will also be published in an electronic compilation of all the posters presented at the GHF.
- The summaries of oral presentations will be published on the GHF internet site during and after the conference.
- In submitting a presentation (oral presentation or poster) the authors consent to its publication.
The “Jet d’Or of Geneva” prize
- A jury will select the seven best scientific posters. The attendees at the GHF will then vote to designate which of the seven posters selected makes the most significant contribution to the improvement of human health. The winner will receive the “Jet d’Or of Geneva” prize.
- Limited funding is available for participants from low and middle-income countries whose presentations are selected by the Selections Committee, to allow them to participate in the GHF. Support can cover visa costs, travel and lodging for the 3 days of the GHF.
- The list of eligible countries corresponds to the first three columns in the following table :
|Call for proposals issued||15 October 2021|
|Deadline for proposals||15 December 2021|
|Decision communicated||As of 15 January 2022|
|Dates of GHF2022||3-5 May 2022|